This salad is like taking your mouth to a spa. I’m serious.
The dressing is tangy, spinach and asparagus are crunchy, cashews are crunchy and sweet, the raisins are sweet and chewy, the grapes and clementines burst juice in your mouth and the scallions and ginger give freshness. With a little coconut on top. So delicious.
I’m not going to give amounts. Just get a plate and add the ingredients in the amounts you like.
- Fresh spinach
- Grapes, sliced in half
- Clementine peeled and sectioned
- Fresh asparagus, cut in pieces
- Dusting of unsweetened coconut flakes
- Cucumber tomato salad (recipe to follow)
Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Cucumbers, sliced and quartered
- Cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 C Seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 C Apple Cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Tamari
- 1 tsp Maple syrup or other sweetener
- Chili flakes
- Few slices, minced fresh ginger,
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Sambal (optional)
Put sliced cucumber and tomatoes in a bowl or jar with lid. Add all other ingredients. Add a bit of salt to balance flavor. Adjust seasonings to taste. Make sure there is enough liquid to cover cucumber and tomatoes so you have extra to use later in this salad. You will want to make just the vinegarette for all your salads, it’s so good. Contains no oil.
Refrigerate for 3 hours before eating.